PlantRun shop floor data collection systems have been chosen by ESAB, a world leading manufacturer of welding consumables and equipment, to support an ongoing introduction of Lean manufacturing techniques to its factories.
The new systems will:
- Offer a standardised means of data capture & reporting
- Provide accurate, live production information to all sections of management.
- Drive and verify process improvement
- Allow benchmarking between manufacturing sites
- Enable value stream analysis
The first of the shop floor data collection systems, monitoring 33 machine centres, has been installed at the companies ‘solid wire’ manufacturing site at Terni, Italy. Roll out to other ESAB sites across Europe and Asia is already being planned with the second installation scheduled for Perstorp, Sweden.
ESAB generates sales in excess of £1 billion and employs over 8,500 persons worldwide.